Acting on Climate
In our own operations and along the entire value chain, we are committed to making a difference by reducing our impact on the environment.
At a global level, we are dedicated to reducing greenhouse gas emissions from our operations by 30% by 2030. We’re doing this by improving the energy efficiency of our manufacturing processes, exploring low carbon technologies, and switching to a minimum of 60% of our electricity from renewable sources.
Our activities to act on climate include:
- Reducing the footprint of our own operations with an emphasis on:
- Continuously improving global manufacturing processes for energy efficiency
- Transitioning to electricity from renewable energy
- Investigating new technologies
- Engaging with suppliers to improve sustainability performance in our supply chain, especially reducing the CO2 footprint of our raw materials
- Innovating to enable our customers to reduce their climate impact (e.g., lightweighting and electrification in the automotive industry)