Because Delrin® is concerned about privacy, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. This Privacy Statement describes Delrin’s practices related to information we collect through the website or mobile application (the “Site” and the “App”) owned and controlled by Delrin and from which you’re accessing this Privacy Statement, as well as offline where notice is legally required. Your providing Personal Information establishes that you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
If you apply for a job through the Site, this statement governs Delrin’s use of the Personal Information you provide through our Career Center. If you are a Delrin employee, your personal information is governed by the Employee Personal Information Protection Notice, available to you through your local Human Resources office.
Personal Information Delrin May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or that relates to you as an identifiable individual.
Personal Information includes:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping address);
- Telephone or fax number;
- Email address;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Vendor or Customer Tax ID number;
- National ID number, such as Social Security number;
- Company-issued ID number;
- Date of birth;
- Financial information when you apply for credit;
- Banking information, such as account and routing numbers;
- Passwords and reminder questions/answers; and
- Purchase history.
Delrin® may collect Personal Information when you participate in various opportunities we provide, for example:
- When you order a product or service or make a request;
- When you register for subscriptions, technology forums or other communications through the Site or App;
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion;
- When you participate in an event, blog or forum;
- When we conduct market research or meet you at a trade show or other event.
We need Personal Information to provide services and/or products you request. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the products or services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people—either to us or to our service providers in connection with the services— you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may combine Personal Information we collect about you with Personal Information you provide through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries or marketing events. We will use the combined Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement for as long as it is combined.
How We Use Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for our business purposes, including to:
- Fulfill your purchases and respond to your requests and inquiries:
- Process your payments, deliver your order to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- Send you important information regarding the Site or App, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and/or other administrative information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Send you email alerts and other written or electronic communications:
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Personalize your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you:
- To better understand you and personalize our interactions with you.
- Send marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about trade shows.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Allow you to sign up for technology forums and other activities:
- Permit you to register and participate in technology forums and other events with Delrin®.
We will use Personal Information in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you or with your consent.
- Achieve Delrin business purposes:
For data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products, enhancing Delrin’s website, improving services, developing marketing events and identifying usage trends.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, to determine the effectiveness of marketing activities and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We may also use Personal Information we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Delrin’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect Delrin’s operations; (f) to protect Delrin’s rights, privacy, safety or property or to protect you or others; and (g) to allow Delrin to pursue available remedies or to limit the damages we may sustain.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Within the Delrin® company for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Delrin is responsible for managing jointly-used Personal Information.
- To Delrin’s third party service providers.
These third parties provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, product distribution, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To third parties such as distributors to facilitate the sale and distribution of Delrin products and services, which may include marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the Delrin business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
We do not sell consumer personal information to third parties.
Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or relate to you as an identifiable individual.
Other Information includes:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information.
How We Collect Other Information
Delrin® and Delrin’s third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device
Certain information is collected by most browsers and devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, device manufacturer and model and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your use of an App
When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as your location or the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through your use of an App, connected device or vehicle, including unmanned aerial vehicles
The physical location of your device and its associated date and time is collected by satellite, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi signals or other technologies. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, though if you do, we and/or our partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you
Information such as your location and other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App.
- By aggregating information
Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Delrin® users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We Use and Disclose Other Information
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. If under applicable law we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information, we use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
In some instances, we combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining your name with your geographical location. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, such as when we combine information you provide upon registration with Other Information to provide you with targeted personalized marketing, the combined information will be treated by Delrin as Personal Information.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Collect IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in Delrin® server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the date and time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How Delrin May Use and Disclose IP Addresses
Delrin uses IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and presenting content tailored to your country. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required by applicable law to do otherwise.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement does not address—and we are not responsible for—the privacy, information or other practices of third parties, including any third party operating any site to which the Site or the App contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site or the App does not imply endorsement by Delrin of the linked site. We are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
DO NOT TRACK
Delrin does not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Delrin® uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under Delrin control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with Delrin is no longer secure, immediately notify us of the problem.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding Delrin use and disclosure of your Personal Information
Delrin provides for you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. By contacting Delrin, you may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages and request that we not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Delrin, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you request to review, correct, update, suppress or delete, object to, restrict or otherwise limit Delrin use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to Delrin—or if you request an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law)—you may contact Delrin. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from a Delrin database or otherwise let Delrin know what limitations you want to place on Delrin’s use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider. This includes the United States, which may have data protection rules that differ from those in your country.
For those located in the European Economic Area (EEA): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission (EC) as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (see the full list of countries). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the EC to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by “Contacting Delrin” (see below).
Delrin’s Use of Analytics.
- The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website and Mobile APP (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the U.S. and other countries (the servers are owned by Google).
- Google will use this information to provide data about your use of the website and Mobile APP that allow creation of reports on website & Mobile APP activity for website operators and for providing other services related to website activity and Mobile APP and internet usage.
- Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
- Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by either company.
- You can learn about Google‘s practices by clicking here and can opt out of them here.
We will not ask you to send/disclose any sensitive Personal Information (for example, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or App or otherwise to Delrin®.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site or App. Your use of the Site or App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, contact us through the “Contact Us” section on our website: www.delrin.com.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE EEA
In the EEA, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available on the European Commission website.
Any communications to customer must have an unsubscribe.